Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: What's Going On In Your Unreal World?
« Last post by Sotimieli on May 14, 2024, 06:06:12 PM »
Created a new side character for a challenge. Wanted to do a vegetarian pacifist run. No killing, hunting or fishing or eating meat in any form. Only exception would be milk.

Two weeks in stumbled upon an abandoned settlement with a sauna and a small cottage. Settled there and traded handcrafts, my weapons and all my clothing for two sheep for milk.

Settled at the abandoned site that happened to be on a 3 tile island already cleared of trees. Perfect spot for agriculture.

Started in spring and had to scrape by eating leaves and grass to start. Milk helps immensely and now onlu 15% staving :D

Update. No longer starving. Got my hands on some turnips and gathered a lange bunch of bear- and dogpipe. These seem to be quite enough, complimented with a gulp of milk every day, to keep one from starving. Soon it's harvest time and I plan on trading most of my harvest for something to wear before winter comes. I opted to refuse wearing fur as well, so that will be quite the callenge.
Development News / Re: Spearfishing, spawning fish, and the lippo
« Last post by cookie on May 14, 2024, 04:14:47 PM »
SNIP
Hey Sami!

Not sure if this is a bug or intended: saw a vegetation-rich area where bream were jumping. Went spearfishing there and only got pike.

This happened in the middle of Fallow Month IIRC.
Bug reports / Re: [3.84p1] duplicated stone axe
« Last post by Sami on May 14, 2024, 10:03:54 AM »
I believe we've got this issue solved and fixed now, and will likely release a patch this week.
Plotinus, feel free to send the savegame nevertheless. Double checking doesn't hurt.

The issue was about unfortunate item data re-arranging due to world/creature activity on specific areas.
The bug potential has been fixed now and no more this sort of duplication should happen in the upcoming patch.

Fixed - persists in 3.84.1
Fixed now. Depending on character's skill generation order it might display also TEXTILECRAFTBOWYER etc.

Fixed - persists in 3.84.1
Bug reports / Re: Fire on water
« Last post by Sami on May 14, 2024, 09:11:09 AM »
Bug it is.
At first I suspect there might have been an NPC lighting a fire somewhere, but then the location had gotten corrupt for some reason.

Did you happen to have human companions around, or somewhere nearby?
Bug reports / Fire on water
« Last post by dangerousbrick on May 13, 2024, 09:23:10 PM »
I was fighting a Njerp camp, hiding behind a rock in the sea and shooting my crossbow. When I was done, I turned around and saw fire burning on water. Were they shooting flaming arrows or is this a bug?  :o
Bug reports / Re: [3.84p1] duplicated stone axe
« Last post by Sami on May 13, 2024, 11:19:06 AM »
This is likely related to area conditions and data entries rather than individual items.
I'm currently investigating a few other saves of this sort of item duplication, with different items though.

Plotinus, please send the save over. Thanks.
The more samples we've got the easier it is to find out the cause.
Bug reports / Re: [TYPO/GRAMMAR] Multiple item order from blacksmith
« Last post by PALU on May 13, 2024, 08:25:32 AM »
It would be plural if the responder refers to fish hooks, but singular if it referred to the order/task/job/mission.

Changing it to plural wouldn't hurt, though.
Bug reports / [TYPO/GRAMMAR] Multiple item order from blacksmith
« Last post by JP_Finn on May 12, 2024, 11:04:06 PM »
When inquiring if ordered fish hooks (or arrowheads) are ready, the response is formulated as it was a single item.

"How are those iron fishhooks coming along?"
"It will be ready shortly" << that should be "They will be ready shortly"
Also, just to be sure, a few more word of clarification on my side:

I didn't mean to say that adding a new key to bring up modded recipes would not help at all with maintaining and keeping the mods up to date with new version of UrW.

What I was thinking was a scenario like this:

1. Sami adds the new hotkey
2. But somehow it happens that no-one from the modding community updates BAC recipes

Then, the way I see it, the underlying root problem would remain unsolved - the extra hotkey probably would make it easier to access all the recipes in the mod, but the confusion with vanilla items and modded items, and vanilla recipes and modded recipes would still continue to exists.

But, I do see the point represented by PALU and others; having that extra hotkey would help in the transition phase, when a new UrW version introduces new mechanics, and the mod needs some time to adapt, and a clean way to access "compatibility recipes" to transform old modded items to corresponding new vanilla items. And that is something I fully support, and to me this sounds like a good argument.

---

Also, personally I like the modding approach. And in my opinion Sami has been maintaining a fine balance between "an artistic indie coder following his inner vision" and "listening to the player suggestions and wishes" - not locking up in the ivory tower, nor getting lost in the endless swamp of "design by committee". I see my role as helping Sami to develop the game which fulfills his inner vision.

And, at the same time I see that some players wish for a fully moddable game, which would have the modding in-built into the core structures of the game engine. I find that an interesting idea, but I do understand that it would be an another game, not UrW but something different. Now, as some of you might already guess - I suggest that those interested in exploring the possibility of a fully moddable survival game could take a look at the Ancient Savo project and its modding system. (not wanting to hijack this thread, just my contribution to the theme of "yes, Enormous Elk does care about modders, modding matters")
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything