Topic: Pissed off culture  (Read 2977 times)

Andre

« on: July 12, 2018, 04:47:20 AM »
So I'm new and decided to try stealing something from a village, I didn't manage to successfully do it and ended up dropping it after some craftsman caught up to me, but now all nearby villages seem to hate me and I'm wondering if all villages of that culture will hate me and if there is any way to repair my relations with them?

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 04:53:57 AM »
So I'm new and decided to try stealing something from a village, I didn't manage to successfully do it and ended up dropping it after some craftsman caught up to me, but now all nearby villages seem to hate me and I'm wondering if all villages of that culture will hate me and if there is any way to repair my relations with them?

Settlements, usually connected by roads, spread word of your deeds. So basically all within earshot will feel this way. More remote settlements usually never hear about it. Yes you can repair your reputation. Doing fair trades, giving gifts and generally being a good person to them will turn it around pretty fast. So if you stay in the area it will improve from just playing.. as long as stealing or murder aren't on the playlist.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Andre

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 05:39:22 AM »
I can't really do any of that though if they immediatly chase me off XD. Either way it doesn't matter anymore since I tried going to them and seeing if maybe offering gifts would help, but they chased me off and then quite quickly became aggressive and I couldn't get away so I was forced to fight. I managed to kill all the adventurers, woodsman and a few craftsmen and peasants + one old man. Then the swarm of kids and women came and I got killed since I was already blind in one eye pretty much and quite wounded.

jhadred

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 06:00:48 AM »
In a new game, if you happen to do that again, pretty much stay away from their village for a few days then periodically visit to see what they say.  They'll either say get away, or they'll ask "Where have you been?"

Oddly, there's no inbetween commentary that I've seen of "You can come in, but we're watching you"