UnReal World > General Discussion

How to survive (maybe) wolves

<< < (3/3)

demol:
Fight 5+ pack yesterday in a carnifex coniferous forest.
Took home 5 wolfskins after.

my imperatives
1) stay on open ground.
You must observe 360 degrees around, pines can shield you spruces - not.

2)shoot em as fast as I can.
Find place with good observation and take not a step away. If you can't shoot right now - press "5" to regain stamina and turn around.

3) Kick their noses.
Inexplicably, UnReal wolfes fear raw muscular power much more than cold steel. If I swing broadsword on them they try to bite me. If I kick them when my arms are occupied wih bow/arrow they chiken-out and run along in fear with my arrow chasing their tail.

So shoot-shoot-look around-kick&shoot-kick&shoot-kick&shoot until there is only one creature standing. If this creature is you then you win.

More_tribal_interaction:
Easy peasy way to take down wolves.

Make sure the terrain is open mire or pine mire with lots of water bodies.
Ensure you have at least 20 arrows or similar projectiles. You should make sure that your skill is enough to shoot consistently at an object about 7 small tiles away.
Make sure you zoom in when the wolves are in the *adjacent* world tile.

Hide, and move in the direction you last saw the wolves.
Check that there are at most 4 or 5 wolves.

Choose the terrain such that there is a wide body of water, at least 5 tiles deep, between you and the wolves. There should be nothing behind you since you approached from one direction. Fire off to aggro the wolves; usually one or two will aggro you while the rest will hang back.

Wait until the first wolf is at the water edge or in the water, then fire at the body. As the water will slow it down, make sure you get to fire at least 3 arrows to severely injure your first wolf.

Judge the situation. Is there only one wolf near you? If so, keep trying to take down the 1st wolf. If there are too many, retreat and shoot those near the front. Aim to injure as many of them as possible. You are not afraid of them when their movement is as slow was you.

Also, if you have javelins, javelin those that are within 3 tiles, because javelins are heavy and weigh them down.

Your big problem is running out of ammo. So try to lure one or two away, kill them, retrieve your projectiles, and then recover your strength. Be mindful that aggroed wolves can suddenly retreat, while those that ran away can suddenly aggro.

Anyway, have fun with your shooting gallery. If you win, wolf pelts are quite valuable. If not...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version