UnReal World > Suggestions

Let salt be salt, not preservative

<< < (2/2)

JP_Finn:

--- Quote from: Mati256 on July 23, 2020, 01:13:13 AM ---You can mod thee recipes to ask for dried meat.

--- End quote ---

That’s quadrupling the recipes. Raw, salted, smoked and dried. And same for fish.

JP_Finn:

--- Quote from: Tom H on July 22, 2020, 11:03:08 PM ---However, there were cultures that considered that offering bread and salt at a meeting was a sign of welcome and a guarantee of peace. In Italy, the first press of olive oil is celebrated with flat bread, sprinkled with rock salt and olive oil.

Typically, coastal peoples had easy access to salt, whereas inland peoples often had to travel to salt sources and carry back what was needed. Where there were few traders, salt was a greatly desired product that was hard to come by... just like in the Unreal World. heh

--- End quote ---
Traditional house-warming gift in Finland is: rye bread, salt and moonshine/vodka. Bread so the house would never go hungry, salt so the house would never be poor and liquor so the house would never get sick.

Dark Art:

--- Quote from: JP_Finn on July 27, 2020, 04:39:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: Mati256 on July 23, 2020, 01:13:13 AM ---You can mod thee recipes to ask for dried meat.

--- End quote ---

That’s quadrupling the recipes. Raw, salted, smoked and dried. And same for fish.

--- End quote ---

Look for Rain's Cookery. Its a very very neat cooking mod that I have been (with a few minor changes) using for years. While you are at it, might as well grab his cloth/weaving mod :)

Plotinus:

--- Quote from: JP_Finn on July 27, 2020, 04:39:03 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You put it like this:
--- Code: ---{* cut}
--- End code ---
then it accepts raw, salted, smoked or dried meat cuts.

Alas there is not a similar workaround for fish.

Sami:

--- Quote from: skyleaf on July 21, 2020, 04:21:23 AM ---Search through the suggestion reply marathon and the forum, I am quite surprised that nobody suggest salt shall be count as seasoning, as it should be.
It is kind of disappointing that I cannot add salt into my lovely hare meat stew :(

--- End quote ---

Back then the salt was used foremostly for preservation. The food was seasoned with herbs instead. It’s far later habit to add salt to everything as seasoning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version