UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Keeping the game fresh

(1/3) > >>

Cynicus:
I was wondering what other players do in URW to keep the game "fresh" for themselves. Other than stopping and playing something else for a while. Post your methods here and maybe it'll cure someone's madness. ;)

Blxz:
Nothing too special normally. Generally though I will play a theme. I enjoy seal-tribe living a semi-nomadic life hunting seals. Sometimes I edit the plant files so that every single herb and plant produces seeds (this is moderately time consuming but not hard) and then make myself a massive farm where I grow every herb and just experiment with various cooking and medicine components.

I remember a while back I kept trying to see if I could eat those poisonous black mushrooms and survive with my special medical herbs.

Draco18s:
Reminds me of the time the friend of mine who introduced me to URW managed to almost survive the "start in the iron-tribe's camp as a slave."

He managed to get away from the camp without any pursuers (and then bled to death).

Brygun:

--- Quote from: Blxz on May 08, 2017, 03:46:16 AM ---Sometimes I edit the plant files so that every single herb and plant produces seeds (this is moderately time consuming but not hard) and then make myself a massive farm where I grow every herb and just experiment with various cooking and medicine components.

--- End quote ---

Please make this an available mod!

I've thought about something similar for spicing and medical treatment.

>>>>

As to my own methods:

One part is to have a personal quest. My current favorite is the Smith-of-the-north. Using an iron working mod I go from the Driik (or other more civilized people) to live by the northern people. Personal goal being to find the large inland lake that there always is and set up on north end or north of it. Then iron up the north people. Its like a quest to improve the people sacrificing the loneliness, and danger, of remote living.

Blxz:
I'm not much of a modder. I don't know how to create this as a separate entity to be applied as a mod. Normally I just overwrite the existing ingame file but this gets wiped every time there is an update.

I suppose next time I get back into the game I could make a backup copy somewhere and post that to the forums.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version