UnRelated discussion > Off-topic

Why I carry a rock in real life

<< < (2/2)

Brygun:

--- Quote from: Dynggyldai on October 23, 2020, 11:24:48 AM ---I used to carry rocks for self-defense as a kid and started bushcraft with knapping rocks. I would like to see how you start a fire with 2 rocks though.

--- End quote ---

Well yes one is assuming the second rock is flint or quartz.

I like my EDC rock to be igneous, the ones with swirls that usually mean it was made in a volcano or from lava. These are harder than sedimentary rocks, those that look like flat layers that come from sand settling out of water.

>>>>

I should like to mention a rock isn't the only thing in my EDC (every day carry) but it is there.

The rock can do many chores without damaging the knife leaving the knife sharp and ready for things the knife is better at.

ConnorA:

--- Quote from: Brygun on November 19, 2020, 04:42:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dynggyldai on October 23, 2020, 11:24:48 AM ---I used to carry rocks for self-defense as a kid and started bushcraft with knapping rocks. I would like to see how you start a fire with 2 rocks though.

--- End quote ---

Well yes one is assuming the second rock is flint or quartz.

I like my EDC rock to be igneous, the ones with swirls that usually mean it was made in a volcano or from lava. These are harder than sedimentary rocks, those that look like flat layers that come from sand settling out of water.
Yes, I also carry volcanic stones with me all the time. They are more durable. And when I go hunting, I always have a knife with me.
>>>>

I should like to mention a rock isn't the only thing in my EDC (every day carry) but it is there.

The rock can do many chores without damaging the knife leaving the knife sharp and ready for things the knife is better at.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version