Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.84] 'Abandoned Trap-Fence' starting scenario  (Read 156 times)

McKwack

« on: April 30, 2024, 05:53:06 AM »
Not sure if this has been asked before, but searching for 'Abandoned Trap-Fence' resulted in only 1 unrelated post, so here goes:

A couple of times I've tried creating a new character with the 'Abandoned Trap-Fence' starting scenario, but this time I decided that some of the fences aren't exactly.. 'strategically placed'.. so I decided to disassemble a couple of fences, and lo behold.. I got 2x Birch-bark Ropes (5 m) for each disassembled fence.. I would have thought I'd only get 2x 1.33m of withes, NOT 2x 5m of ropes.

Not sure whether this is intended, a bug, or simply an oversight?

Cheers,
McKwack
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 07:19:53 PM by Sami »

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024, 07:12:19 AM »
Sounds like the starting scenario’s trap fences were generated few versions ago, before withes got introduced. I’ll move this post to the Bug section

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 07:19:33 PM »
It's made so that returning the raw materials for world generated fences is left to the game engine.
The engine tries to pick suitable pre-generated items it thinks that the world generator may have used according to the fence crafting requirements.
So it searches for 2 x proper length tying equipment, and is happy whatever suitable items it finds - so ropes in this case.
This is not wrong per se, but it's indeed more in tune with the game world if the tying equipment were always spruce withes.
So it's fixed now, and spruce withes is what you'll get.

Fixed - persists in 3.84.
- Sami | UnReal World creator