UnReal World > Solved'n'fixed bug reports

[Fixed - persists in 3.72.2.] 3.50 villagers dying in wells (again)

(1/3) > >>

aat:
Sorry for opening again a thread about this bug, previous report is archived as fixed in 3.40 but it seems regressing.

Start of winter, waters have already frozen once, unfrozen and then froze again, but still do not support human weight.

In the "well" (single water tile) of a Owl-tribe village there are several tools and clothes, supposedly owned by a villager drowned there. No corpse.

I will attach a  screenshot asap

PALU:
Yes, it's not fixed. The incident rate might have been reduced, though.

I've got one set of clothes remaining in one of my nearby villages, and there's another in one further away (but still in Reemi territory). I've got a save from when one of the victims was found by my character, if that's of interest (the character was generated with 3.50 beta1).

Saiko Kila:
Not only villagers die in shallow water. Robbers can too - for example they enter water if PC is on the boat shooting at them. They won't move to the deep water, but are "running" only in shallow water, sometimes even getting out and walking away for a while. They are tiring when in water, and if they tire too much, they drown. The log entry is for example "The Vagabond robber seems to have drowned".

Interestingly, they don't drown (usually?) while lying unconscious on the water, they almost always regain consciousness only to drown a moment later.

PALU:
The robbers/Njerps that have drowned in combat against my characters have done so after first tiring themselves and then getting injured into unconsciousness, which I find rather reasonable, but I've never seen someone/something tiring themselves into unconsciousness.

However,  drowning due to exhaustion is a completely different issue from drowning in single tile water sources without any tiring factors involved.

Saiko Kila:

--- Quote from: PALU on April 12, 2019, 08:06:49 PM ---The robbers/Njerps that have drowned in combat against my characters have done so after first tiring themselves and then getting injured into unconsciousness, which I find rather reasonable, but I've never seen someone/something tiring themselves into unconsciousness.

--- End quote ---

What I find unreasonable is that unconscious robbers on water float, instead of drowning almost instantly.

--- Quote ---However,  drowning due to exhaustion is a completely different issue from drowning in single tile water sources without any tiring factors involved.

--- End quote ---

You can't know that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version