UnReal World > Suggestions

New look of rain a bit hard on the eyes

<< < (3/3)

Helldiver:

--- Quote from: Shadowdweller on August 10, 2018, 11:39:14 AM ---I kind of LIKE the eye strain effect?  I think heavy rain and snow should impair visibility somewhat and the graphics actually do that.

--- End quote ---

I know what you mean, and I'm usually an immersion-freak, especially for this game. But even I find the rain graphics a bit of a pain at times, and have been wondering if I couldn't edit it (btw, thanks for the tip about finding and editing, PALU!). Everything better in moderation, I say. If the game makes it possible for me to spear a moose with a few strokes of my keyboard, I don't feel too fussed about putting comfort ahead of immersion for some aspects of the game.

And besides, some people have legitimate health issues that might mean they have physical difficulty playing a game where the UI isn't as accommodating. Optical strain is a worse problem for some people than for others.

werepacman:
I think the right way to implement effect of the rain is to make it affect character, not irritate player. :)
But must admit current rain effect is very realistic. :)

tedomedo:
During rain and snow i can't see that shape for examining something when i press F3. Especially when i'm in wilderness. Change it to something else. Green color is not good because almost everything on map is green.

My image (click the link) shows an example. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ot0m05jd2l2pd16/F3.png?dl=0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version