UnReal World > Suggestions

Location, Location, Location

<< < (3/3)

paulkorotoon:
Climbing a tree and zooming out usually helps me in such cases. Hovewer, I don't set many traps in one location, don't set them behind trees and don't go too far from then before zooming back to wilderness map.

Btw, as far as I recall, setting a lot of traps in a single location can make spirits angry, isn't it?

PALU:
It seems setting a lot of traps in a short time can lower your standing with the spirits (training trap setting by setting and releasing traps), but I don't think it matters where the traps are set. In fact, trap fences are effective because the traps are in a limited area (connected by fences).

Sami:

--- Quote from: Tom H on September 27, 2020, 08:28:08 AM ---I've seen videos of new players who have lost track of their traps and have personally experienced the same annoying problem, that of being unable to locate a trap.

When we move around much in an area where we've laid a trap and lose track of its location our only solution is to explore the entire area and, hopefully, find it again. It would be very helpful if we could choose to enter the area near the trap, as opposed to always/only entering at the last place we exited.
--- End quote ---

But doesn’t it also work so that if you zoom out and nearby the trap, the next time you zoom in on that wilderness tile you will be placed back there? That’s the existing method you could use, but yes of course you have to remember to exit the trap site like that deliberately.

There are several difficulties and cons, discussed already in this thread, to always placing character near the traps when there are such on the zoomed-in map. The logic would be pain to make, given there are lots of trap, and some players specifically prefer to enter back where their exited. With a change new confusion would arise for some.

You can also try to select trapping at zoomed-in terrain locations which are easy to remember. IRL thing that works in the game too. Or you can add natural markers, such as felled trees and branches, like some suggested.

Also, if you scan the area walking in ever decreasing circles (or squares is easier in the game) that’s best way to locate something, rather than running around randomly. That’s also IRL thing that works in the game too.

PALU:
Sometimes wildlife force you away from your traps, such as those pesky birds that force you to move further and further away in order to FINALLY be able to exit the tile (and if you chase away one another one moves in).

If you're reasonably experienced with the game you'll do that with some thoughts as how to find your way back to your traps, but if you're reasonably new and focused on getting out of the tile more than where you do it you can scramble your bearings for when you return later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version