Topic: [3.72#2 Win 10 Steam] Cannot drop duplicated leash on cow  (Read 2351 times)

Bert Preast

« on: February 17, 2023, 07:47:57 PM »
Not sure when it happened, but somehow I got a leash on a cow duplicated and I cannot drop the duplicate.  I can tie the cow to a tree and move away, but I still have the duplicate leash on me.  The original leash is a rope, and the duplicate is a leather rope.  I have been raiding the Njerps and using the cows to carry off the loot, and it might have happened when I overloaded them.  Something else to note is that the cow in question was liberated from a Njerp village. 

Save available if required, but from several days after I think the duplicate appeared as it took me a while to notice!

I have the latest version of the BAC mod installed, as well as a portrait mod.

EDIT:  It has just happened again, with a bull this time.  I have a save available.

EDIT 2:  A nasty suspicion is forming that I have now lost all my cows and the bull.  I still have the duplicate leashes stuck in my inventory, the text is red but the names of the cow and bull have now disappeared.  I went to clear out a Njerp village I had raided earlier, with the cows to help carry off my loot.  I tied them to a tree a tile or two from the village then went forward to check there were no Njerps still living.  I was rather surprised to see a Vagabond girl there, and on further investigation the Njerp village had gone, to be replaced by a Vagabond village with a single small kota and a woodsman, woman and the girl I mentioned before in residence.  They are not hostile to me, and on the F6 map it shows as a brown square, denoting it as my settlement.

Can this happen?  A defeated Njerp village switching to Vagabond?  And where the hell are my cows?!  :o
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 03:41:20 PM by Bert Preast »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 06:09:12 PM »
I've seen Njerp villages shift into kota settlements with neutrals before, although it was several years ago, I think.

Bert Preast

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 07:44:36 PM »
The Njerp villages I have cleared are labelled as Vagabond, but they remain the same as they were under Njerp control and so far I have not seen any new inhabitants in them.

Thank you for reassuring me that my new kota settlement may not mean I am going crazy!

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 11:18:27 AM »
Bert, feel free to send the savegame - and I'll take a look.

The situation sounds like quite a mess and it's very hard to say what's happening there.
Please mention if there were any crashes, force quitting, editing game files while the game is on, etc. going on. Or anything else out of the ordinary decent gameplay.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Bert Preast

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 01:36:28 PM »
Save sent!

There were no crashes, force quitting, editing files or anything like that.  I was pushing the game hard though, and getting errors about carrying too many items as I tried to load myself and the cows.

EDIT:  I suspect the leash duplicates may have occurred when I was already carrying the maximum number of items and then I took the leashes from the tree I had tied them to.  If this pushed me over the item carry limit, I may have dropped some stuff resulting in the leashes getting duplicated?

EDIT 2:  I would appreciate it if you could confirm that a defeated Njerp village can flip to Vagabond, erasing the Njerp buildings and presumably my cattle if they were tied to a tree within the area.  I just need to know whether I can expect to chew the cud with my beloved Ermintrude ever again, or if I should plan a mission to secure some replacements!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 10:38:22 PM by Bert Preast »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 10:14:16 AM »
Save sent!

There were no crashes, force quitting, editing files or anything like that.  I was pushing the game hard though, and getting errors about carrying too many items as I tried to load myself and the cows.

Thanks. I'll check it out today, and e-mail you back.

EDIT:  I suspect the leash duplicates may have occurred when I was already carrying the maximum number of items and then I took the leashes from the tree I had tied them to.  If this pushed me over the item carry limit, I may have dropped some stuff resulting in the leashes getting duplicated?

It's likely that the (internal) item handling difficulties was a cause of the issue, but it's not possible to confirm it 100%.
Nevertheless it's something that we don't want to happen, so we'll see about the possible adjustments we can do.

EDIT 2:  I would appreciate it if you could confirm that a defeated Njerp village can flip to Vagabond, erasing the Njerp buildings and presumably my cattle if they were tied to a tree within the area.  I just need to know whether I can expect to chew the cud with my beloved Ermintrude ever again, or if I should plan a mission to secure some replacements!

If all the villagers are dead, or just leave the village, that cultural area turns into no man's land and the villages at no man's land are called vagabond villages.
So for that part it can happen and works as intended. BUT buildings in the defeated/abandoned should never be erased nor replaced - so that sound like a bug.
- Sami | UnReal World creator