UnReal World > Mod Releases

[to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing

(1/171) > >>

Brygun:
BAC stands for Brygun and Community.

While I have several contributions to the modding community over the years this collective involves the works of many. My own Brygun Added items initially covered some gaps in the survival options and opportunities in the smithing activities. Further development of the now many modders integrated mod will take place in this thread. A list of major contributions is among the Readme files.

I will endeavor to keep this post as showing the most current zip to download. If you believe this to be outdated contact me advising of a link to the post with the newer version.

A supporting mod has started to use the in game encyclopedia to provide information on how various crafting methods work.
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5540.0

A wiki has been setup to help people navigate the many options of this mod. It is at:
http://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=BAC_User_Guide

One major mod type left out of the BAC is graphical conversions of vanilla objects. There is at least one, if not more, of these. These don't affect craft recipes which is the focus of the BAC project. BAC does add non-vanilla graphics. The project decision is that the graphical overalls be left out of BAC and left to user discretion.

One of these is known as "Jaredonians Character Models + Distinct Tribes v3". As far as I know it can be installed and removed independently of all the crafting menus. 
It is at:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=37.0

To allow easier compatibility with other mods, such as Privateer's profession mods or his mead mod, at least one menu letter is available. This will mean the user can self-edit at least the incoming mod's menudef file and/or adjust recipes to be in the existing menus somewhere. Due to the infinite possibility of other mods this menu gap is most that can be done within a widespread compatibility mod program.

Install directions are in the Readme BAC mod.txt file

>>>>

Local actions you might need to do:

= Menu scrolling crashes game:
If at times you see in your UnReal folder "truetile" a BAC .zip you should delete that .zip. Copying in a new BAC does not remove that file so if present from earlier versions needs to be removed manually.

= MAC users the graphics have lots of green background:
This should now be fixed. If this appear again:

From community member caethan:
This is a known issue that shows up on Macs - they don't show PNG files with an alpha layer properly.  So you just have to get rid of the alpha layer.

You can fix them with the default Preview app:

Open the offending file(s) in Preview
Command-Shift-S to Duplicate (make a copy)
Command-S to Save
Deselect the Alpha checkbox
Save over the original file

If you want something you can do in bulk, ImageMagick is free: https://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-tools.php

>>>>

Known issues:
= Caulked keg and barrel don't come out with the right weight. This is a vanilla game limit.

Brygun:
Beta test files

Reserved for next time a steam beta version is being tested.

Brygun:
v078 was the last version for UnReal World 3.62

For now hosting it as an attachment to this message. May be moved off in the future.

Signatus:
Looking good! ;D I just finished testing building a Clinkered punt, and found some tiny issues:

- The items were going to my inventory due to the slashes, but it seems you corrected that one.
- {Block} needs to be {Block of wood}. Also, Short quarter logs aren't usable as blocks
- Lower and Upper clinkering steps have {Fire} twice. Also the amount of ingredients makes a mess of the menu, but I'm not sure if there's a solution
- The final step for some reason didn't say "Preferably a Draw knife" and didn't go for the one right beside me, choosing a masterwork hunting knife instead.

It was all decent until the final step, where it became an inferior clinkered punt. I did have a rough Iron hammer, but still... might've been the inferior boards, though.

Some of the steps took way too long, upwards of 10 hours, to the point I was malnourished, lol. I wonder if the effort or the time should be reduced?

I just looked through these files and it seems that Earthenware has some duplicates in the diy_BAC_Crafts, they are present in the earthenware file already.

KKarlssoNN:
Fucking A bud, your the champ Brygun!!! Thanks Signatus for the support!!!

Looks like there's doubles of items in barkware and i can't find a stone axe. All i can find so far.

Things are organized differently here and there as well as different keys for various things but its nothing I can't get used to it, I'am sure things have to be different because of the added stuff.

Are you guys using any other graphic mods besides "Jaredonians Character Models + Distinct Tribes v3"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version