UnReal World > Gameplay questions

How exactly to make elk leather

<< < (6/7) > >>

Ara D.:
I personally wouldn't consider the cellar an exploit it Idea is cooler temperatures slow microbes growth rate, it is the microbes eating and breaking down the hide or meat at a cellular level that causes rot. So to my way of thinking a cellar slowing the process lines up with real life.

PALU:

--- Quote from: Ara D. on January 26, 2019, 02:41:29 PM ---I personally wouldn't consider the cellar an exploit it Idea is cooler temperatures slow microbes growth rate, it is the microbes eating and breaking down the hide or meat at a cellular level that causes rot. So to my way of thinking a cellar slowing the process lines up with real life.

--- End quote ---
And I would guess those are the processes dehairing relies on, which is why I think it would be an exploit.

Ara D.:
Went digging you are correct PALU. De-hairing is acomplished by proteolytic enzymes of fungal and bacterial origin that attack the protein at the base of the hair so cellar should slow the process down.

PALU:
Thanks for checking. Facts are better than guesses.

LoLotov:
If I may interject regarding the original post, the issue of wasting a fur on making leather/the dehairing process taking too long and ending up rotting is easily solved with hog or cow hides, which I believe both turn directly into leather in the normal tanning process much like bird hides. You have to hunt down wild boar or slaughter your livestock, but pretty sure they give at least 4-10 pounds leather each, as well as those skins being of more useful armor quality and faster to collect than bird skins. It seems significantly easier to find a hog (and potentially be able to drop multiple in one find) before you killed and processed enough birds to make the same amount of leather.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version