Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Solved'n'fixed bug reports / Re: 'Abandoned Trap-Fence' starting scenario
« Last post by JP_Finn on April 30, 2024, 07:12:19 AM »
Sounds like the starting scenario’s trap fences were generated few versions ago, before withes got introduced. I’ll move this post to the Bug section
Not sure if this has been asked before, but searching for 'Abandoned Trap-Fence' resulted in only 1 unrelated post, so here goes:

A couple of times I've tried creating a new character with the 'Abandoned Trap-Fence' starting scenario, but this time I decided that some of the fences aren't exactly.. 'strategically placed'.. so I decided to disassemble a couple of fences, and lo behold.. I got 2x Birch-bark Ropes (5 m) for each disassembled fence.. I would have thought I'd only get 2x 1.33m of withes, NOT 2x 5m of ropes.

Not sure whether this is intended, a bug, or simply an oversight?

Cheers,
McKwack
Please show support for the suggestion thread for the above at:

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=7264.msg23129

Suggestions / Make Menu only for Modded items = saving BAC and other large mods
« Last post by Brygun on April 29, 2024, 09:00:53 PM »
Mod collision continues to happen with the 3.83 and 3.84 updates with it going to continue to cause conflicts with large mods like the BAC

If you could give us a single key for a craft menu only for modded items it would help greatly. The large BAC mod could be fired up that way with its existing ways of making axes, bows and so on that date back to Bouddia and Rain.

The existing craft menu could remain the same and modders could add to it like now, though knowing that future updates may cause collisons.

Collisions as discussed before happen when updates add items to menus that cause overflow when the total of (new vanilla plus mod items) exceeds the allowed amounts and in the case of the Hafted menu a letter (in this case "H") already being used by a mod.

There are 3 solutions.
= Tiered menu where you open crafting then choose a master menu A, B, C etc but this hasn't been implemented as a heavy coding change

= Co-ordinating the top menu of letters with a large mode like BAC which has already puzzled out things but clearly with "H" for a couple of hafting items isn't of interest

= Give modders a one letter for a seperate modders craft menu. This seems plausible and with limited coding needs. Simply put instead of the "M" for make another letter is u sed to open another craft menu. A craft menu that the dev >NEVER< puts vanilla items into. Instead the large modders can use this as a safe space to figure out on our own large collections such as BAC.

Frankly the ongoing additions of a few items like hand axes and bow making has been modded since long before BAC dating to Bouddia and Rain years ago. I agree that added pausable crafting is a good thing and in time Saami should integrate many of the crafts into vanilla. What is killing the game of those using large mods, and many do use BAC, is the mod collision along the way.

The "modder craft menu" is a more specific lower coding requirement that would support with the large mods. Unreal has long had a commitment and encouragement to modding, such as the initial webpage hosting. Its been years since the first days. You have the success of large mods. For them to function they need to avoid mod collison.

A single separate menu would work for this.

Remember the BAC was last updated to 3.82. The 3.83 fix is discussed above. 3.84 will break it more.

I use a personal rule that if i'm not playing a game I'm not modding it. Currently I'm not. The item creation list of 3.83 and 3.84 was already covered by BAC and really by precussor mods going back years. The shift to pausable item creation is overall a good thing but what I would actually do isn't changing... so not really an incentive to return to play.

BAC is a community mod with a take over clause thus if someone wants to do an update if the caretaker (often but not always me) isn't around then someone can. So if someone wants to take on 3.84 updates they can and should start a new thread for it.

Things large mods like BAC really need are one of these solutions:

A= A new keyboard menu for "modded crafting" where it opens a craft menu that the dev >NEVER< puts vanilla items into
B= Tiered menus where you can swap around the 26ish letters so load between vanilla and mods
C= Co-ordinating the existing mods for submenus like what was broken when "hafting" H collided with the H of a mod.

Without one of those each update will further break large mods like BAC and I don't really plan on chasing updates on a game I'm not currently playing.

General Ancient Savo discussion / Coming soon at Steam
« Last post by Erkka on April 26, 2024, 09:50:57 AM »
Ancient Savo now has a public "coming soon" profile at Steam

Or, to be more specific, "soon" means "September 2024", but if you so wish you can wishlist the game, and share the link if you happen to know anyone who might be interested in a resource management survival simulation focused on raising a family.

Solved'n'fixed bug reports / Re: [3.83] Duplicated hide with pausable crafting
« Last post by Sami on April 25, 2024, 06:41:26 PM »
And now it's found and fixed. Duplication occurs if the task gets cancelled right at the item requirements dialog. So in this case it happened when Plotinus tried if the tanning could be proceeded without the working log being present. The requirements dialog appeared and got cancelled due to missing log, and at that phase the duplication occurs.

Fixed - persists in 3.83
Bug reports / Re: [3.83] Lake village dying out by hypothermia
« Last post by rglory on April 25, 2024, 05:47:52 AM »
I had visited the village few times before I witnessed that forbidden ritual of prosperity of salmon and trout scene.
As soon as I entered that village I found that they were already being like the screenshot.
Solved'n'fixed bug reports / Re: [3.83] Duplicated hide with pausable crafting
« Last post by Sami on April 24, 2024, 07:50:02 PM »
I tried to reproduce on my end creating similar condition where the tanning task was started, but cancelled at some point because of the character being too tired.
However the duplication didn't happen on my end, so there are some underlying variables that mix things up.
Plotinus, if you still got the save please send it over, and I'll see if I can reproduce it on that location with that character.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]