UnReal World > General Discussion

Would the devs be open to a GOG release, if GOG unrejected the game?

<< < (2/2)

tfishell:

--- Quote from: Erkka on October 11, 2023, 05:34:47 AM ---Well, I have some more questions;

1. Is there something which would make it better to re-try GOG distribution right now, instead of thinking about it sometime in 2024 or 2025 or so?

2. Last time we asked, their reply was pretty much like "we have reviewed your game and we believe it won't sell enough, so listing it won't be good enough business for us". So, do you have reasons to believe that something has actually changed after that? Either their general policy has changed so that now they consider it fine to list games for smaller audiences - or that 1300+ votes at the wishlist would convince them that listing UrW would be good business for GOG? Or, are you suggesting that because of your personal contacts you could convince them that contrary to their business model it would still be a good decision for them to have UrW on their list?

--- End quote ---

I do think the staff might be more willing to consider the game now, and I think to some extent the wishlist votes play a role (especially for indies), though of course I cant guarantee anything and don't want to "put words in their mouths".

I'm totally fine with sending a message to my contact (I think it might be a good idea), but of course I wouldn't want to do so if you and co. aren't potentially interested / I'd want your "permission" to ask, basically.

If 2024 or 2025 are when you expect the game to be competed, I also understand wanting to wait until then, although I'd still suggest letting me contact my person at Gog (to ensure there's a good chance the game won't be rejected again).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version