Topic: My first entry: The Challenge!  (Read 87 times)

Grungus Järvinen

« on: April 30, 2024, 01:18:31 PM »
Chapter I: The Challenge, Conditions:

- Random Character start.
- Season Start: Winter.
- Random Starting Location.
- Starting Scenario: Hurt, Helpless, and Afraid.
- First action/s: Take off all clothes, and discard all items, you will start with nothing.

Chapter II: The Rules:

- You may only go on one big hauling trip each year to sell and trade goods in any settlement/tribe of your choosing, and at any time you choose, However, in your first year, you are not allowed to visit or interact with villagers or wanderers on the map.
- No entering any settlement, for any reason. (the exception to this, is the date you choose to set out on your "Big hauling trip" to sell & trade goods)
- Can trade with merchants on your first year, (apart from any other wanderers like Vagabonds, then you will have to wait a year as previously stated)
- Can fight robbers, njerpezit
- On your first year, you may not Fight anyone, Interact with anyone, Obtain Quests from anyone, Talk to anyone, Trade with anyone (Apart from the merchants, you are allowed to do all things stated previously)

Chapter III: Your Ultimate Goal:

- Your overall Goal is to survive your first whole year from when you first entered on day 1. After this you are free to stop playing, however you can continue with the rules stated above, venturing out only once a year, after your first year has been completed.

Now then, Let's talk about how you came to be here:

Chapter IV: Your story:

You play the part of a young man, called Jari (just as an FYI, you don't actually need to call your character Jari, this is just for people who are interested to listen to my story)

"In Iron Age Finland, there was a young man named Jari who lived in a small village with his family. Jari was always curious about the world outside his village, and he often found himself questioning the traditions and beliefs of his people.

One Cold Winters day, while walking in the forest, Jari stumbled upon an ancient sacred site. Despite knowing that it was forbidden to enter the site, Jari couldn't resist the temptation and entered it. As he explored the site, he accidentally broke one of the sacred stones, which was a grave sin in his community.

When the village elders found out about Jari's sacrilege, they banished him from the village, but not before beating him severely and he was forced to live on his own in the woods. Jari was devastated but determined to survive and make a life for himself.

Over time, Jari learned how to hunt, fish, and forage for food. He built himself a small shelter using materials from the forest, and he learned to live off the land. Jari also spent his days reflecting on his actions and searching for meaning in his life."

Before people ask, yes this is a modified version of @Utumno's Post!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 01:25:03 PM by Grungus Järvinen »

Bert Preast

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024, 04:51:45 PM »
Welcome to an Unreal World of pain, suffering, starvation and shivering!  Unless you've already played a fair bit and know what you're doing, you're doomed.  Even if you do know what you're about, bad luck may still doom you.  Gotta love it  :)

Grungus Järvinen

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2024, 07:43:34 PM »
I will be beginning this journey on the 17th of May 2024 5:00 PM GMT+1 I also have been planning to record and play for quite some time now, I hope to share this experience with others both new and experienced in the game, let's hope this turns into a nice and fruitful Let's play series!

Many attempts have been had of course, lmao, however I already have recorded the first episode and will most likely spend the next few weeks editing and splicing up the video to make it more enjoyable for you all to watch  :D